Here's a list of some of the programs specificly designed to fiddle with Goldeneye. If you have one, add a link and a summary!
- The most comprehensive tool for editting GoldenEye. Use a visual interface to create a full level setup, edit text that appears in the stage, and output the finished product to a ROM or console using a Gameshark/Pro Action Replay. Also provides codec support and conversion utilities to aid in generating full stages from scratch.
GameShark/Pro Action Replay UtilitiesEdit
- A specialized upload utility that adds a playable Citadel to the multiplayer select screen. After upload, it can be played normally like any other stage.
- Standalone image editing tool. It is not as versatile as the tool provided in the GoldenEye Setup Editor for ROM use, but allows extracting and editting images on console using a PC connection.
- A generic setup uploader. This is a 16bit application, so you can run it on DOS or 16bit Windows. It also contains a statistics and position download feature.
Binary Editting UtilitiesEdit
- A collection of command-line utilities for relinking tiles, converting Perfect Dark clipping to GoldenEye format, and displaying either in autocad format. For historical purposes only; the GoldenEye Setup Editor's features are far more extensive and easier to use.